Now, if you have been following the latest products, then you would know that both Dell and Canon are prominent brands creating innovative products such as printers and laptops. Now, if you are a user of both then how do you plan on connecting the both of them?
One thing to know is that despite the difference in their manufacturing and functionality, both these devices are meant to work together. So, here are some exclusive steps which will assist you with the complete connection process. Try to stick to the steps for the best results.
What are the Key Steps to Connect Canon Printer to a Dell Laptop?
We are mentioning a few instructions which shall be able to establish the desired connection between your Canon printer and the laptop. Make sure to keep a note of these instructions properly.
- Firstly, turn the Canon Printer off
- Next, go ahead and insert one end of the USB cable to the USB port. You can do this on the connection panel of the Canon Printer.
- Now, plug another end of the cable to the side USB port on your PC.
- Finally, you can select the start button and then proceed to selecting the Control Panel.
- Then, you can click on the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option and from here go ahead with ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Select the option for ‘Add a Printer’ and then go to ‘Local Printer’.
- You can then choose your preferred printer port for connection.
- Go to the ‘Drivers Window’ and then select the Canon Printer option.
- Once the page appears enter the model name and number of your Canon Printer. Now, click on ‘Next’.
- You will also have to choose if you wish to share your Canon Printer with other devices on your network or not. Finally, click on Finish.