Facing problem due to printer connection? Discover the main causes and accurate fixes to HP Printer Offline Windows 10 issue.
So, let’s start with ‘What is the one device which is the most common in corporate places or educational hubs?
Printer, right? And, the first brand which pops into our mind after hearing the word ‘Printer’ is HP’s sleek, highly functional and affordable devices.
But, one area of concern for all users and even the brand itself is its technical glitches. The most issue being the Offline HP Printer problem. Still users can be relived because the issue is a common one and can be avoided or resolved with complete ease.
- Learn to Troubleshoot HP Printer issues– In case you are looking to resolve other glitches with your HP Printer machine.
Why does HP Printer Offline Windows 10 issue Keeps Popping? Error Reasons
While dealing with your printing device, the first thing to pop into your mind will be ‘Why is My Printer Offline’?
Let’s clear out your doubt and get into the underlying causes to the occurrence of the issue.
- Outdated HP Printer Driver and Software
- Poor Network Connectivity (Causes communication hindrance between the printer machine and the computer system)
- USB Cables are damaged
- Printer Firmware issues
- Too many print jobs in queue
- HP Printer needs to be set at default
- Printer Status needs to changed
- Malicious software leads to offline problem in the device
- Firewall fails to recognize printer
- Windows upgrade has led to printer is offline trouble
Note: To know more additional causes and avail quick fixes to printer offline issue – How can you Troubleshoot Printer is Offline Status Windows 10?
What damage does a HP Printer Offline Problem Cause to Your Printer?
If we talk about machine damage, then it will happen only when you keep your printer for a longer duration with the issue still intact in it functioning.
First when you receive the Offline HP Printer error message, it’s an indication that the machine is unable to opt commands from the system. This happens due to hindrance or gap in communication between the two devices. Above we have already mentioned the reasons ‘Why is My Printer Failing to Connect’?
Now that we have already discussed the reasons, let’s move ahead and learn some of the basic and standard ways in which we can troubleshoot the offline problem for Windows 10.
How to Turn Back HP Printer Offline Windows 10 to Online? Basic Printer Troubleshoot
Has this question ever popped into your mind ‘Can I fix the issue by myself for then device or do I really need to reach for printer technical support?’
And, this is exactly what we are going to answer for you here.
Systematic Troubleshooting Tips for Fixing Offline Printer Windows 10 error effectively
Follow these tips in an orderly manner and soon you will be able to eradicate the issue by yourself.
- When you see the error pop, first check and see if all the connections are intact and that none of the USB cables are damaged.
- Then, if you have a HP Wireless Printer Offline problem, then check if the router’s connection is well-established or not.
- Now, move on to checking if the printer is set at default or not. If not then do so.
- Make sure that you are using your device at ‘Use Printer Online’ status. To turn it online from offline just go to the ‘Control Panel’ and double-click on the option for ‘Printers’.
- Turn off your Firewall, as it may be interrupting with your printing device’s functionality.
- Use the HP Scan and Doctor software.
How to Fix HP Printer Offline Windows 10? Standard Methods
Here are some of the alternate methods which you can use to resolve the problem. Get complete instructions here-
Update HP Printer Drivers and Software
Honestly, the importance of HP Printer is undeniable. And, let’s get to the importance of printer drivers – these parts are highly crucial when it comes to sending commands to the printing devices.
So, it is highly important that you keep track of any available HP Printer driver and software updates.
- Go the ‘Official HP Printer’ Site
- Then, enter the printer model or number.
- Now, check if you have any available or latest updates for your printing device.
- If yes, then click on download
- Then install the printer driver.
Uninstall and Re-install HP Printer
When you upgrade your Windows, it is possible for the OS to not recognize your printer device. In such a scenario, you need to first remove the printer and then get it re-installed.
Follow the steps mentioned below-
- Firstly, go to ‘Settings’ on your Windows 10
- Then, open the option for ‘Printers’
- now, hit on the tab for ‘General or Details’
- Go to ‘Printers’ and then ‘Choose to remove it’.
- After this step install HP Printer again via ‘Add Printer Wizard’.
Try to Re-start the Print Spooler Service
Here are a few steps which will help you with restarting the print spooler service in HP.
- Click on ‘Start Menu’.
- Then, press the Windows and R key all together to open ‘Run’.
- Enter services.msc and then hit Ok.
- When you see the Printer Spooler Service option, click on ‘Start’.
- Right-click on the option again and then click ‘Stop’.
When should you actually opt for HP Printer Technical Support?
Today, the internet is filled with support websites claiming to offer reliable solution. We recommend you to opt for a technician only when you are unable to fix the HP Printer Offline Windows 10 issue by using the methods and instructions mentioned above.
Go for blog websites, or check HP Printer Official website, if you find the issue still persisting then opt for 24/7 and 100% safe & secure remote from here.