In case you are currently facing a printer offline problem with your device, then it is sure that the printer isn’t printing any documents for you. For the printer to work again, it is necessary that your printer turns online. And, usually it would only take a few minutes and a few changes in order to the settings of your device.
Printer is Offline is a common issue which needs to be resolved first if steeping in to take out any printouts. Now, if we talk about the offline issue in Windows, then the possible reason is the printer has still not being detected by Windows 10.
Causes and Quick Fixes to Printer is Offline Windows 10
Here’s something which can truly help you during moments of emergencies. Don’t let your work face a negative impact. Rather, learn quick tips to fixing the printer is offline issue.
- Power Cycle Devices
Simply try to turn on and turn off the computer printer. This works because most of the times once you restart the device the real power of it shows off. Also, when you restart the device make sure that there is at least a gap of 30-60 seconds.
- Check the Printer Connection
Now, a strong internet is the utmost important factor while dealing with printing processes. So, a low internet connection is something that would be responsible for the printer is offline problem. Another factor is that always check for loose cable connections and get them fixed as soon as possible.
- Faulty Printer Drivers which needs Immediate Replacements
Now, it is possible that your printer drivers have gone out of date and needs to be fixed immediately. And, honestly it’s not a big deal, just replace the drivers and your offline printer will be troubleshooted in the most effective ways.
- Turn the Printer Status Back Online
You must always check if your printer status is set as online or offline. If the status has changed to ‘Use Printer Offline’ then make sure that you untick it, and then bring it back to its online status for a functional use.
- Print Spooler Service
The bitter truth is that your printer wouldn’t work until and unless the print spooler service works properly. Sometimes the service may get turned off. So before doing anything else, check your print spooler. You can also fix the problem by simply restarting the print spooler service.
NOTE- Most of these underlying causes for the printer is offline error is common for popular brands of printers such as –
- HP Printer
- Canon Printer
- Brother Printer
- Epson Printer
So, whichever printer you rely on at the current moment, if it’s facing an offline error then you know the way to troubleshoot the problem now.
What is the Methods to set Printer is Offline to Online Status Windows 10?
Now that we have discussed the reasons, so let’s quickly move on to the instructions which will help us get rid of the problem at ease-
Method 1- Try to Run the Troubleshooter
In case, you figure that there is a problem with the Windows Printing subsystem, then you can try to run the troubleshooter. To run the troubleshooter –
- Go to ‘Manage your Device Screen’ for your Printer.
- Here you will find the link for Run the Troubleshooter. Click on it
- running the troubleshooter will help check the spooler service as well as the network based settings
So, if the problem is Windows based, then this method is sure to help you.
Method 2- Turn the Printer Status Online
This is one of the most basic troubleshooting step for any printer offline issue-
- Go to ‘Start’ and proceed directly to the ‘Control Panel’.
- Now go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Then, right-click on the option for ‘printers’.
- Once you do so, then hit on ‘See what’s printing’
- Make sure that you pause all the pending printing jobs.
- If you see a blue tick on the option ‘Use printer Offline’, then uncheck it immediately.
- Test the printer by commanding it to print any document.
The best part about this method is that you can totally apply this on any printer. Even on the most branded printers such as – HP Printer, Epson Printer, Brother Printer and Canon Printer.
Method 3- Try to Remove and Re-Add Your Printer Device
If none of the solutions have worked so far then there is another thing which you can try. So if it is a Windows error then this method may certainly work.
Why? Well, when you add a printer in Windows, the software will first install the device, then detect it and check all of its settings. However, you need to make sure that the printer drivers aren’t corrupted and installed appropriately.
To Remove Printer –
- Go to the Control Panel
- Next, go to the option for ‘Devices and Printers’.
- When you right-click on the ‘Printer’, choose the option for ‘Remove Device’.
- Now restart the computer
To Add Printer
- Follow the same steps mentioned above, but this time when you right-click on ‘printer’ select ‘Add Printer’.
- Now, your Windows 10 OS should automatically be able to detect the new device.
HP Printer – Printer is Offline Windows 10 Fix
HP is a highly popular brand, but somehow even its flawless technology hasn’t saved it from the printer offline issue. But here we are offering you a few ways in which you can fight the problem at ease-
- Go to Windows 10 Start button
- Select the Device Manager option
- Now, proceed and select the Devices and Printers option
- Then, right-click on the Offline Printer option and hit on ‘See What’s Printing’ option.
- Remove the tick from the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option.
- Now, the printer status should come online and you should be able to print anything that’s listed on the print queue.
Epson Printer – How to Fix Printer is Offline Windows 10 problem?
Below we are mentioning a few methods which should help you tackle with the Epson printer problem. Take a look!
- Try to disable the ‘use printer offline’ option for your Epson printer.
- You can even try to update the printer drivers for Epson.
- Reinstall the Epson Printer to fix printer offline problem.
Canon Printer – What can I do to Fix Printer is Offline Windows 10?
Take a glance at the few methods which will help eradicate the Printer is Offline issue at the quickest amount of time.
- First, set the Canon Printer to Online status
- make sure that you have selected the right printer for command
- Restart the Canon Printer
- Update printer drivers
Brother Printer – Steps to Eradicate Printer is Offline Windows 10
If your Brother Printer’s non-functionality is troubling you then follow up with these methods and fix the problem at ease.
- Always ensure that the Brother printer is turned on and free from any technical glitches
- Connect the printer to the computer properly
- Set the Brother printer as default
- Pause or delete all the pending print jobs.
- Set Printer to Online Status
This is all the A-Z information about Printer is Offline Windows 10 issue. If you have any queries, confusions or hiccups while following the methods then do not hesitate to contact experts.